09 April 2009

Holiday weekends are, how do you say? "Muy bueno."

I'm home for Easter in San Antonio. Definitely looking at the city in a different way; not necessarily more or less critical than before, but knowing I have signed myself up for a year of striving for improvement in this place certainly adds more interest to the landscape. I haven't felt real nervousness about living on "the other" side of town yet; it feels somewhat like an adventure, even if it takes a couple of months for Richard and I to be steady enough on our feet to rent instead of cohabitate with Mom, Dad, or Grandma.

Three thoughts on how I currently think life should be lived:
(May change tomorrow, yanno. No promises.)

Take care of your body with steadfast fidelity. The soul must see through these eyes alone, and if they are dim, the whole world is clouded.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Adventure is worthwhile in itself.
— Amelia Earhart


Man's nature is not essentially evil. Brute nature has been know to yield to the influence of love. You must never despair of human nature.
Mohandas Gandi

Probably one of my favorite things in the world now is The Moth podcast. Basically, various people get up and tell a story on mic. No notes. Arguably they're all true stories. Some hilarious, of course, and on the opposite end of the spectrum, some that leave you steely-armed at the wheel of your car with saucer-sized leaky eyeballs. Some are ten minutes, others are closer to thirty. My friend Ellen turned me on to it and it's yet another Super Free Thing brought to you by NPR.

My yellow dog is just likely cooler than you are. He's far cooler than I. I think he ate a worm today while I was down with my class fishing by the bravery tree. He definitely went turtle-diving in the middle of the kids, causing an satisfying shower. I'd love to be a dog sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment